Per BVSD guidelines, we are not having volunteers in the building at this time. We will be in contact when this changes and look forward to having you in the building again soon!
Volunteers are critical in supporting Meadowlark and its Learning Communities. There are a variety of roles available to Meadowlark volunteers, including leading a committee to provide gifts to teachers and staff during Teacher Appreciation Week, working a booth at the Meadowlark Mingle, working with students in learning communities, or in the Curiosity Center, to name only a few. You do not need to be a PTSA member to volunteer at Meadowlark!
Whether you can commit to a half hour a month in a classroom or more time coordinating & planning a special event, or whether you can support the school during non-working hours by making arts and crafts for classroom use or by collecting Longmont Dairy caps and turning them in for money … your volunteering helps our students every day in many ways!
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- If you’re interested in volunteering outside of school hours, such as bringing in items for events or help with the Meadowlark Mingle, look for specific opportunities through Help At School. No background check is needed.
- If you are going to volunteer during school hours and have contact with students, you must have a background check through Boulder Valley School District. To learn more about the process, click here
- Once you have chosen and completed an option for volunteering, email email@example.com so we can update the Meadowlark database with your chosen option.
If you have any questions on volunteering, feel free to email the PTSA Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Background Screening Options for Volunteers:
Common to both options for volunteering during school hours is the BVSD Volunteer Application. This application must be completed on an annual basis and is free of charge. You can find the application here: BVSD Volunteer Application
Within the application are two choices:
- CBI Background Check (Most preferred, as it’s good for the entire tenure of your student(s) in BVSD). The cost is $40 and is a one-time application. You can pay for the CBI Background check online with a credit card or bank account information. This option includes fingerprinting. CLICK HERE to access the CBI background check.
- Get fingerprinted at BVSD Education Center. Instructions and options to schedule an appointment will be sent after you have filled out the CBI Background Check application). Fingerprints done through BVSD Ed Center are digital, therefore results are obtained much faster. Applicants generally receive results within three business days, but may take longer.
- TCLogic (good for one year only). This option comes with an annual fee of $17 and must be renewed annually. This option does not include fingerprinting, but you can CLICK HERE for access to the TCLogic
It is encouraged to complete the applications as early as possible to ensure you can volunteer from the start of the school year. Once you have chosen and completed an option for volunteering, email email@example.com so we can update the Meadowlark database with your chosen option.