Middle Level Athletics
At the 6th, 7th & 8th grades, there are established sports and activities as part of the BVSD Middle Level Activities Council, of which Meadowlark students have access. These include, but are not limited to Student Council, yearbook, football, volleyball, cross country, track, basketball, soccer, wrestling and skiing.
In the event we are not able to field a complete Meadowlark Maverick team due to our size and enrollment (i.e. MS tackle football, ski team, etc.), we will partner with Angevine, Nederland, or other BVSD middle schools to offer the program. In this situation, a coach from Meadowlark will accompany students on an activity bus to practices and events.
As our Mavericks create additional clubs and activities through the Meadowlark School student 'voice and choice' they will be added to this page as well as communicated through the Sunday MAV Minute.
The intramural program provides an introduction to athletics with an emphasis on participation and enjoyment of physical activity while participating on a team. The program offers approximately three weeks to practice and learning, M-F, from 3:50 - 5 pm, and it concludes with a culminating activity with other Boulder Valley intramural teams on the last day. The intramural offerings are:
- 6th/7th Girls Volleyball August 19 - September 9 Registration Deadline August 21, 2019
- 6th/7th Coed Flag Football August 21 - September 11 Registration Deadline August 25, 2019
- 6th/7th Boys Basketball September 10 - October 2 Registration Deadline September 12, 2019
- 6th/7th Girls Basketball February 6 - March 2 Registration Deadline February 10, 2020
- 6th/7th/8th Boys Soccer March 9 - April 6 Registration Deadline March 11, 2020
- 6th/7th/8th Girls Soccer March 9 - April 6 Registration Deadline March 11, 2020
- Bolder Boulder TBD
The interscholastic athletic program provides a transition between the intramural programs of the 6th and 7th grade levels and the more competitive high school program. The program offers continued emphasis on participation and enjoyment of physical activity while allowing increased attention to coaching and skill development, with practices M-F, 3:50 - 5:15 pm, and six to eight contests with other schools within those weeks. The interscholastic offerings are:
- 6th/7th/8th Cross Country August 20 - September 20 Registration Deadline August 19, 2019
- 8th Girls Volleyball September 24 - October 30 Registration Deadline September 16, 2019
- 8th Boys Basketball October 31 - December 13 Registration Deadline October 23, 2019
- 8th Girls Basketball December 16 - February 5 Registration Deadline December 8, 2019
- 6th/7th/8th Wrestling January 27 - March 4 Registration Deadline January 26, 2020
- 6th/7th/8th Track April 7 - May 14 Registration Deadline April 6, 2020
In order to participate on the first official day of practice, registration must be complete and all fees must be paid. Please refer to the Registration & Fees page for complete information.
Important concussion, accident insurance and other information for student athletes and their parents.