Check out Mavs Got Talent Video Spring 2021
For families who live in our school boundary, the following information pertains to your enrollment for Kindergarten
Current Meadowlark Integrated Preschool students (Mrs. Hoover and Mrs. Spies classes) will automatically roll up to their neighborhood school based on their primary address for kindergarten, unless one of the following occur:
- If the student is not age eligible to attend kindergarten (students are eligible for Kindergarten if they turn 5 on or before October 1)
- If the student has been accepted through the OE process to attend a school other than their neighborhood school, their enrollment will be transferred to the OE’d school.
- If the student’s primary address is not within the Meadowlark boundaries or is an out of district address, the student will not be rolled-up to a BVSD school unless they have been accepted through the OE process.
If your child attends Preschool Enrichment and is within our boundaries, or is a new student to BVSD, registration for Kindergarten is now open for the 2021-2022 school year via the main BVSD Enrollment website. Please be sure to select the appropriate year as both this year and next year are open at this time. Spread the word to other new Meadowlark families in your neighborhood.
As we close out 2020 I’m reminded how fortunate we are to be a part of a community, a neighborhood, a school that has essentially become like family. When travel plans have been cancelled, student’s return to home learning, and Holiday dinners are smaller, we've turned to our neighbors, our teachers and our staff at Meadowlark to help “staying at home” seem less daunting.
Throughout 2020, where seeing family has been few and far between I want to thank you, the Meadowlark Family for showing up in big ways from teaching your own children, providing Thanksgiving meals for families in need, to giving generously to the Gift of Giving this year.
I’m looking forward to a New Year, but I also hope the closeness of being part of this community will last for generations to come. May we look back at 2020 and realize that everything we learned was not lost, but just made us stronger, kinder and more compassionate.
Lastly, take a look at our Weekly News for information on:
Gift of Giving Update
Meadowlark “We Are Stronger” Video
BVSD Transportation Availability Updates
Holiday Craft Ideas and More!
I can’t wait to welcome your students to in-person learning again next year!
Be sure to check out This Week’s News for information on
The GIft of Giving Updates
New Diversity & Inclusion Meeting Date
Book Drive for Impact for Education
Third Annual Spelling Bee
Last Chance to Order Original Artworks & More!
Have a great weekend!
We hope you enjoyed celebrating our Veterans on Wednesday. Be sure to check out This Week’s News for information about:
Transition to Home Learning
Huddle Connection “Self Respect”
Picture Day Rescheduled
Friday, Nov 20 Mav Spirit Day Dress Like Your Favorite Book Character
Ways to Help Meadowlark Families in need this Thanksgiving
Check out This Week's News for information on:
- NO SCHOOL November 11th Veterans Day
- School Picture Day November 12th & 17th
- Mav Spirit Day Friday, November 13th Wear Your Favorite Hat & More!
We hope you have a fun and safe Halloween! Be sure to check out This Week’s News for information about
Huddle Connection “How to Stop Bullying”
Covid 19 Screener
Destination Imagination Volunteer Opportunities
Upcoming Breaks for Students & More!
Check out This Week's Community News for info on:
- Halloween Parade
- Crossing Guard Volunteering
- Huddle Connection
Be sure to check out This Week's Meadowlark Community News for info on:
- What is Required for you student if they are Returning to In Person Learning?
- Where to Pick up your Student After School?
- Information on School Supplies Dues
- Huddle Connection
We are so excited to welcome our 3-6th in Person Learners this Tuesday, October 20th, while we continue to support our online learners at home!
Check out The Weekly News for information on
- The Reverse Parade
- Huddle Connections
- PTSA News
Join us for the online Scholastic Book Fair Oct 9th-22nd. Start shopping Friday Oct 9th at https://www.scholastic.com/bf/meadowlarkmavericks
In This Week's Community News be sure to check out information on:
- Distro Day #3 Monday, Sept 28th 7:30-10:30am
- FYI for student's returning to in person learning
- Virtual Coffee Talk Monday, Sept 28th 1-2pm
- Some Great Resources from our Counselors on Cultivating a Growth Mindset in our Huddle Connection
- Updates on PTSA and more!
Check out The Weekly News for important information on Back to School Night, PTSA Meeting Date, and more!
It is already time for Distro Day #2 that is set for Monday, August 31, 2020. All of the items will be organized outside around the Hug n’ Go lane for quick and safe pick-up. Also, a continued reminder, families are asked to return all Meadowlark books and materials that may still be at home with the exception of the electronic devices you may have checked out last spring. Pick up is done by vehicle only - no walk ups.
Read more HERE for additional information about the day.
Check out This Week's Video News for information on yearbook cover design, item pickup schedule, and a special tribute from our 1-2 Teachers!
Be sure to watch the Weekly News for updates on birthdays, end of the year celebrations and next week's Spirit theme, Earth Week!
Have a great 4 day weekend