At the 6th, 7th & 8th grades, there are established sports and activities as part of the BVSD Middle Level Activities Council, of which Meadowlark students have access. These include, but are not limited to Student Council, yearbook, football, volleyball, cross country, track, basketball, soccer, wrestling and skiing.
In the event we are not able to field a complete Meadowlark Maverick team due to our size and enrollment (i.e. MS tackle football, ski team, etc.), we will partner with Angevine, Nederland, or other BVSD middle schools to offer the program. In this situation, a coach from Meadowlark will accompany students on an activity bus to practices and events.
As our Mavericks create additional clubs and activities through the Meadowlark School student 'voice and choice' they will be added to this page as well as communicated through the Sunday MAV Minute.Intramural Athletics
The intramural program provides an introduction to athletics with an emphasis on participation and enjoyment of physical activity while participating on a team. The program offers approximately three weeks to practice and learn, and it concludes with a culminating activity with other Boulder Valley intramural teams. The intramural offerings are:
- 6th/7th Flag Football August 20 - September 10
- 6th/7th Girls Volleyball August 21 - September 11
- 6th/7th Boys Basketball September 12 - October 3
- 6th/7th Girls Basketball February 8 - March 4
- 6th/7th/8th Boys Soccer March 7 - April 4
- 6th/7th/8th Girls Soccer March 6 - April 3
- Bolder Boulder TBD
The interscholastic athletic program provides a transition between the intramural programs of the 6th and 7th grade levels and the more competitive high school program. The program offers continued emphasis on participation and enjoyment of physical activity while allowing increased attention to coaching and skill development, with six to eight contests with other schools.
- 8th Football August 16 - October 24
- 6th/7th/8th Cross Country August 20 - September 20
- 7th/8th Girls Volleyball September 21 - October 29
- 7th/8th Boys Basketball November 1 - December 14
- 7th/8th Girls Basketball December 18 - February 7
- 6th/7th/8th Wrestling January 28 - March 6
- 6th/7th/8th Track April 8 - May 22